Position Title: Project Engineer
Department: Project Team
Reports to: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Are you an experienced and energetic IT professional? Are you looking for a position where you can grow and work with an elite team? Want to work for a fast-moving start-up in the exciting River Market District of Kansas City? Then the Project Engineer position at Umbrella Managed Systems is perfect for you! Our Project Engineers design, coordinate, and implement our clients’ IT projects by working with multiple resources to accomplish project goals. Project Engineers may also be assigned to infrastructure, application, networking, or internal business projects as needed. Flexibility and a desire to solve problems is a must! You will support efforts to enhance system availability, reliability, scalability, and more. This role will be required to develop systems documentation and cross-train support staff to enable effective and efficient client support. On occasion, you will also troubleshoot escalated issues with the Service Desk team, present options for resolution, and work with the team to implement the resolution. The roles and responsibilities of a Project Engineer closely match that of an experienced Windows System Administrator working within a team of IT professionals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Project implementation services for client IT initiatives/ 60%
- Provide remote or onsite client support in conjunction with Service Desk for advanced troubleshooting / 5%
- Collection and updating of client network documentation and PSA work entries / 15%
- Physical implementation of network infrastructures consisting of servers, networking, backup and disaster recovery, and network devices / 10%
- Other duties as assigned / 10%
- Minimum of a AS or BS in a related discipline and 6+ years of related technical support experience and implementation experience or a suitable combination of education and relevant experience; MCSE preferred or MCP towards MCSE: Server Infrastructure (required after employment)
- Advanced knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within technical support and Windows Administration.
- Experience with design, implementation, and management of multiple environments with components across all 7 OSI layers.
- Advanced experience with Windows 2008R2/2012 domain administration: (Active Directory Services (ADS), Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Group Policy, Logon Scripts, DHCP, DNS, Printer Management, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, LAN/WAN, firewall rules and configuration, VPN, and other networking technologies
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines;
- Ability to present and interact effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times
- Willingness to strive to consistently improve, both personally and as a team, to achieve extraordinary results in customer service and technical skills.
- Desire to make a difference and provide clients with the best service possible!
- At Umbrella, employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, and they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company. They are also expected to maintain a professional demeanor in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming. They are to exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and step in to help others. Umbrella views each of these traits as strong performance indicators, and employees are rated based on their performance in these areas.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Must have the ability to travel within the Kansas City Metro, sometimes with short notice, and be able to provide after-hours support and weekend implementation as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
If you’re an energetic person in the Kansas City area looking for an exciting and rewarding career, contact us at email@example.com